Monday, November 19, 2012

My Grandfather, My Hero

My grandfather Dennis Clewley recently turned 95 and he is still doing great.. He really inspires me to want to live to that age.. He still lives on his own and even has a girlfriend who is younger then him.. hes lived through the first world war and the second, and everything in between. He even has a 50 inch flat screen tv but hates paying the cable bill. He really knows how to save a penny since he lived through the great depression. I really look up to him and hes a great person. When I was in my teen years he use to take myself and my sisters to Toronto on the subway to Casa Loma and different places. I hope he is still around for a few more years but I know his age is catching up with him. He also has also done great service to the community providing meals on wheels and every once in a while he will play cards with some friends. His favourite restaurants are Swiss Chalet and he loves to have a beer once in a while.. He is also always willing to chat with you on the phone and its not usually a short call.. he loves to tell you the stories of his past and all the places he has traveled over the years. If he does pass away .. I will always have all the memories that remain and know that he lived a great life!

I’ll never have 
a truer friend
or ever know 
a better man.

When no one else 
could understand,
Grandpa could 
as only he can.

My Grandpa, my hero,
a protector from pain.
He is so much to me,
yet, rarely complains.

Wise and patient
and ever-forgiving,
a life without Grandpa
would scarcely be worth living.

When it feels like
I’m against the world,
I remember I’m Grandpa’s Pumpkin,
his little girl

No comments:

Post a Comment